Because of security concerns, Apple and Oracle have been making many changes to Java. This is making it very difficult to keep up with their changes to Java and how to use it on your computer.
Each time there is a new version of Java (which seems to be quite often), you will be required to download the latest version of it.
If your computer won't run the games, the current prescription is to do the following:
- quit Safari or whichever browser you are using
- go to System Preferences... (apple menu)
- select Java (bottom of window)
- select the Security tab (top of window)
- change the Security Level to Medium
- quit out of that then start your browser again
- then go to select the game you want again
Enjoy the games!
March 4, 2014 in rainy Portland Oregon